Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chemicals you eat!

I've been sitting in on a fantastic nutrition class where we are currently learning about the CHEMICAL anatomy of APPETITE!! It's quite complex but here's the basics. When you eat CRAP.. the chemicals your brain produces keep telling your brain that you are HUNGRY!! It begs you for MORE FOOD!!
So... I wanted to propose some randomness for all of you. Everytime you eat something BAD... add a protein!! Why? Because protein produces chemicals in your brain that tell your body it is FULL! So.. when you eat that snickers bar and your body is demanding you stand in front of the pantry and eat any carb loaded, over processed bag of something or other you can come in contact with... SHUT THE PANTRY and fry up some egg whites, make yourself a protein shake, eat some chicken... grab a can of tuna before you shut it and eat away!
Stop the vicious cycle of eating bad.. so eating worse... so eating like there is no tomorrow.... ADD A PROTEIN!! ;o)

5 comments:

Our Fam said...

I think the first thing that hit me hard was how much better I felt when I ate better. At first it was an issue of the taste, but now the taste of junk does not compair to the feeling of having power over my body. The energy I had forgot all about is back and I am functioning like I should be. Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!

Samantha Thomas said...

What about cheese? I frequently find that when I'm "snacky" I can go for those chips or I go for some cheese. I looooove cheese. I'm not talking about eating the whole thing of cheese. I buy individual packs so that it's perfectly portioned.

Karilynn said...

Cheese has so much fat in it!! One a day isn't bad but more than that it's going straight from your lips to your hips. Regardless.. if you are eating cheese which is technically a "protein" combine it with a GOOD carb source.. like a RED BELL PEPPER!! It's crunchy, delicious, low in calories, and full of vitamins!!

Grace said...

A favorite "cheese" snack of mine is light string cheese. The pack I've currently got has 3g fat to every 7g of protein. Plus, it's fun to peel and eat. Even then, I don't eat it everyday, but I think I could do it every other day without messing up my balances too much.

Karilynn, am I right in thinking the McDonald hamburger actually has sugar added to it? I forget where I got that idea.

Ellura said...

i really like this idea - thanks