Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
I have started to receive a lot of blog URLS and am loving checking out your blogs!! I'm very excited to watch so many women find motivation and support in eachother! :o)
If you don't have a blog URL please start your blog and send me the link at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP! I will post blog URLS once I get your money.
I'm so excited for this comp to start!
For those of you who don't know me well... KNOW that I will support you as much as I can and am always willing to help you with nutrition etc... so ask questions if you have them. The number one rule to success is just NOT GIVING UP!! Make a commitment to at least stick to this for the duration of the comp and you will see results! :o)
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Competitions have been a huge motivating factor for me over the course of the last year. These are ALL the reasons that I devote "this time being different" to competition.
1. Competition took my eyes off the BIG prize (I.E. losing 80 lbs!) and allowed me to focus on smaller goals. Like losing 12 lbs this month or beating so-and-so.
2. I am a SAHM so I pretty much bring NO income into the household. Winning money was a way for me to "contribute" and I actually enjoyed winning that money even if it was a small amount because I really felt like for once, I was helping a little financially.
3. Competitions with blogging keep me ACCOUNTABLE. Throughout the last year, I've picked up a few stragglers/blog stalkers! ;o) I KNOW that there are people watching me. At first I was trying to prove that I could succeed. Now I'm trying to prove that ANYONE can succeed!!
4. When I started blogging I never realized how amazing it would be to be able to look back on my journey and SEE how far I've come through pictures/measurements. I also have documentation of my feelings along the way. My blog has become my weight loss journal and without it, I'm sure I would not appreciate just how far I've come.
5. When I started my first comp I really had this idea in mind that for ONCE I was going to finish something. Competing and blogging was like signing something in BLOOD! I couldn't take back what I said... it was out there for the whole world to see. I have been propelled forward many times in these competitions by the realization that I told the whole world I could do it and I SURELY wouldn't let the world see me fail.
I refused to quit because I KNEW that if I allowed myself to be defeated... I would be giving others the message that it couldn't be done. BUT IT CAN!! This competition is my way of giving back to all of you gals who have supported me. THANKS to all of you who are about to embark on this journey with me.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
* This comp. is about changing lives!! NO diet pills (this includes prescription AND over the counter weight loss pills), supplements (you may take regular vitamins.. no metabolism boosters, fat burners etc...), colon cleanses, detox programs/drinks/shakes/pills, laxatives, diuretics, drug use of any kind, cosmetic and or weight loss surgical procedures, HCG dieting, EATING DISORDERS or anything that is not long term are allowed DURING this competition. (If you have had a weight loss surgical procedure more than 18 months ago you are welcome to compete!)
* Each competitor is REQUIRED to blog WEEKLY with no longer than 8 days between entries, and a minimum of 4 entries per month on a blog set up specifically for weight loss. (Check out an example HERE) Competitors who miss a week in any given month will not be eligible for prizes that month. Competitors who miss more than 3 times over the five months will NOT be eligible for overall prizes.
* Each competitor must submit before pictures from a side and front view BEFORE the competition begins. They also must submit new pictures with their weigh in on the 5th of each month. The pictures are to be taken in fitted clothing (no sweat shirts, sweat pants, or baggy clothes) and competitors must wear the same outfit for all pictures taken for the duration of the competition.(These pictures are meant to be EXAMPLES... you do not HAVE to take pictures in tank tops or pants that are too small... BUT... when I took the bottom picture, I never wanted ANYONE to see it. As it turns out... it has been the BEST pic I ever taken... check this out...)
* Weigh in pictures need to include the date and whatever the household item is for the month and must be taken on a digital scale.
* Weights MUST be received by 6:00 p.m. on the 5th of each month in order for competitors to qualify for prizes.
* Weight gain will not be calculated when determining your percentage for the month. This means if you gain 2 lbs one month and lose 10 the next, you will only be given credit for 8 lbs.