Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
1st - Lisa 7.0 lbs 4.07%
So here is where it gets interesting. Only 6 of you actually met the blog requirement for the month and of those 6 the highest amount of weight lost was less than 2 lbs. I know that Lisa and Julie have been working really hard so for this month I am going to waive the blogging rule in order to give them the credit they are due. (A huge reason I am doing this is because this was an incredibly unproductive month for almost EVERYONE!!)
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Your weights are DUE to me at email@example.com by 6 pm MST. Also, your after pics must be into me by Midnight. If you have any questions about these pics.. please feel free to email me.
Your household item for this weigh in is a fork! Please remember to have the date in all 3 pics! Good luck to all! Can't wait to see how much this month has taken from your scale numbers! :)
Monday, September 20, 2010
My hope for this challenge was to give you something that would help you with your results and so... before I say it out loud... I just want to mention that NO ONE EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, HAS DIED.... from not eating sugar. ;o)
Monday, September 6, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Okay!! Weigh in is TOMORROW!! YAY!!
Remember to weigh in at the SAME TIME of day, in the SAME CLOTHES or lack thereof as your original scale pic. Also.. don't forget to get me your AFTER PICS in the same OUTFIT. Front and Side are REQUIRED and you need to be holding the DATE and HOUSEHOLD ITEM IN THE PICS!!! Your weights are DUE to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 pm MST. Also, your after pics must be into me by Midnight. If you have any questions about these pics.. please feel free to email me.
The household item for this month is a TOOTHBRUSH!!
It's totally okay to take your AFTER pics tonight in order to have them ready to send in tomorrow!! I would LOVE if the after pics came with the scale pics!! Also.. if you take your pics first thing in the morning feel free to send them at that time. I would love to have them coming all day long to save me from having to spend a ton of time in front of the computer at once. THANKS!
Can't wait to see how hard you've been working this month!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
http://iamaloser23.blogspot.com/ GO KAYLA!!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Before you get to the household item I wanted to post a few guidelines for weigh ins!
1. Weigh yourself at the same time of day eachtime you weigh in (including your initial weigh in!)
2. PLEASE weigh yourself in the same clothing (or lack there of) for ALL weigh in's! If you are planning on weighing in naked for subsequent weigh ins.. be naked for the first one!!
3. Make sure that your scale is on a flat surface each time you weigh yourself. You might think you've made progress when really it's just the fact that the corner of your scale is on the bathroom mat.
4. Remember you must use a DIGITAL scale! WII scales do not count.
For the first month please include a spoon in your pics as well as the date!!
Confused about what the pics should look like? Here's a play by play!
I will also include some OTHER examples of acceptable before outfits. Because some women might be panicking thinking they are required to pose half naked.. this is not the case!! You can wear a tight fitting outfit that does not show skin!!
These pics are not meant to be flattering in any way/shape or form! They are meant to be brutally honest and are a great tool for myself to measure your progress and to keep the competition HONEST!
There is also the option of wearing clothes that are TOO small and taking progressive pics as you start to fit into them... something like this! (Thanks Mindy!!)
Also.. you may notice that the before pics are FULL BODY PICS! Please make sure any pics you send to me ARE full body! I will crop them to post them on the blog (when you win) but please do not send pics that do not include your face! Also.. remember that you are not REQUIRED to post these pics on your blog. They are fantastic to share IF you want to but... don't worry that you HAVE to... because YOU DON'T!!
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
* Competition will run July 1st, 2010 through November 1st, 2010.
* Weigh in's will be on the 1st of each month. Weights are due by 6:00 p.m. MST to email@example.com.
* Monthly prizes will be awarded each month for the competitor with the highest percentage of weight lost.
* 2nd and 3rd place monthly winners may be awarded depending on how large the competition is. (If there are 20 plus competitors we will have a 2nd place monthly winner, if there are 30 plus we will have a 3rd place. 50% of monthly award money will be for first place. 30% for 2nd and 20% for third.)
* A large prize for the overall winner will be awarded at the end of the competition based on percentage of weight loss.
* Amounts of prizes will depend on the number of competitors and will be posted by July 7th.
* ALL competitors WEIGHTS will be posted on this blog at all times. You are not required to post your weight on your own blog but KNOW that other competitiors and anyone visiting the comp site will have access to your weight.
* ALL winners pictures will be posted on THIS blog with heads cut off. This blog will remain PUBLIC so if you are uncomfortable with this, please don't join. (I will be cropping and putting them side by side so no worries about how to get this done.)
* At the beginning of the comp competitors will need to send in their HEIGHTS with their starting weights.. heights will be posted on a stats column on the side of the main blog.
* This comp will most likely be co-ed... if you do not wish to compete against persons of the opposite sex PLEASE don't join! :)
$45 of each contribution will go directly to the pot and be distributed as prizes throughout the course of the competition. $5 of every contribution will go to the administrator of the competition.
* This comp. is about changing lives!! NO diet pills (this includes prescription AND over the counter weight loss pills), supplements (you may take regular vitamins.. no metabolism boosters, fat burners etc...), colon cleanses, detox programs/drinks/shakes/pills, laxatives, diuretics, drug use of any kind, cosmetic and or weight loss surgical procedures, HCG dieting, EATING DISORDERS or anything that is not long term are allowed DURING this competition. (If you have had a weight loss surgical procedure more than 18 months ago you are welcome to compete!)
* Each competitor is REQUIRED to blog AT LEAST 4 TIMES A MONTH with no longer than 10 days between entries on a blog set up specifically for weight loss. (Check out an example HERE) Competitors who miss a week in any given month will not be eligible for prizes that month. Competitors who miss more than 4 entries over the four months will NOT be eligible for overall prizes.
* Weights MUST be received by 6:00 p.m. on the 1st of each month in order for competitors to qualify for prizes.
* Weight gain will not be calculated when determining your percentage for the month. This means if you gain 2 lbs one month and lose 10 the next, you will only be given credit for 8 lbs.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Basically, if you don't try you will never succeed.
Number one killer of Americans? HEART DISEASE!! Number 2? CANCER!! Guess what?!?!? Both are significantly prevented by proper nutrition and exercise...
HOW'S THAT FOR MOTIVATION???
You want to be healthy?
You want to beat the new statistic that our generation has a SHORTER life expectancy than our parents?!?!
It's all in your hands... are you eating to live or eating to die!?
Some people believe that they die when they are "destined" to die. So fine.. if I'm destined to die at 98 or 44.. I get to choose the state I will be in when it happens!! Will I be wheel chair bound minus one foot from diabetes OR will I be running a marathon and proud to be wearing underpants? I choose the latter... which do you choose?
Friday, April 9, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
Last week in nutrition class a girl came up for class after having her butt kicked by her trainer. She was panting and sweating and you could tell she had just SERIOUSLY kicked ass! (YOU GO GIRL!!!) But... we started talking about our obstacles and she said "a lack of confidence in her abilities." WHAT?!? Girl.. you just did 10 8-count body builders at the end of a SERIOUSLY hardcore workout and you aren't confident in what you've done? CRAZY!!
At first I thought she must be nuts. BUT.. I realize that A LOT of us are so caught up in where we want to be that we forget how far we've come. So I pose this challenge:
BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!
Surely if you are pushing yourself to levels you've never been you are giving 110%. So be FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!! I love each of you and I want you to be thrilled with every little success! Life is too short to beat yourself up over what you are not. What you are is truly amazing. Every time you find yourself comparing you to someone else, imagine where you were 3 months ago!! Would you have been able to do what you just did? Would you have been WILLING to push yourself to the level you just reached?
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Ah man! I'm out of town visiting my awesome family and my mom has all these crazy parental controls on her comp that do not allow me to view blogs... (I know.. what the heck right?) Anyway.. I'm at my bros and thought I had better get on and get a challenge up for those of
you who LOVE to be challenged!
Well.. heres the thing.. coming up with these challenges every week is getting kind of tricky. The obvious challenges have been done and soo.. I'm desperately trying to get creative.
This weeks challenge is to try something new.
We get used to eating the same things over and over when we are dieting and so... we all need to introduce new HEALTHY options into our diet. I have some great recipes I am happy to share with anyone interested. There are also MANY amazing websites that have HEALTHY recipes. I love this one! Either way try something completely out of the ordinary. Maybe a fantastic quinoa recipe or a SoyJoy bar. Just expand your wings a little.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Saturday, February 27, 2010
This weeks challenge is simple:
HAVE A PERFECT WEEK!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
This week is the start of a new month so I thought it would be good to focus on our goals. This challenge is going to have several components... so bare with me.
FIRST... make a list of your long term goals. Really.. write them down.. why are you here? What are you hoping to accomplish? NEXT...write down your "list of excuses"; EVERYTHING that has ever got in the way of your success. This could be pivotal... if you are able to write down why you "can't" and can SEE it... it's easier to figure out how to overcome it.