Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Monday, September 20, 2010

Challenge! :)

My life has been beyond insane and I'm so sorry I haven't got a challenge up till now!  I thought this challenge would be a good one to stick to till weigh in. No really!!  You want optimum results??  GO FOR IT!!!

My hope for this challenge was to give you something that would help you with your results and so... before I say it out loud... I just want to mention that NO ONE EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, HAS DIED.... from not eating sugar. ;o)
So.. here is your challenge! NO SUGAR!! No sugar, or high fructose corn syrup for 1 week! We all know that sugar is not good for us... this is nothing new. I get that sometimes we NEED things... like chocolate ;o) BUT THIS IS ONLY A ONE WEEK CHALLENGE!! Anyone can do it for a week right? It's not like I'm asking you to give up your diet coke! ;o) YET!
Here are some tips for going sugar free. First off, when you read a label you need to be checking out the INGREDIENTS. The word "sugar" on the nutrition label [followed by a number of g's] could actually be referring to natural sweeteners like honey, agave, stevia and THESE things are NOT off limits. They are awesome natural ways to sweeten things and they are good for you!! Check out the list of INGREDIENTS on your labels. If the words SUGAR, CANE SUGAR, or HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP are anywhere on the list BACK AWAY FROM THE item. :o) There are always alternatives here. It is POSSIBLE to buy bread that does not contain these items (usually this would be a honey version of bread) but... if you are having a hard time... count how far down the label the forbidden words are. If they are not one of the first 10 items and you are desperate GO FOR IT! The idea/goal here is to get you reading labels and knowing what's in your food.
I have my own VERY REAL issues with chemical sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose. I am not trying to encourage you IN ANY WAY to become obsessed with "sugar free" treats. Please do not become addicted to splenda because of this challenge. :o) [Here is where I scream at the computer about the evils of these items... but alas...it's your body and you do what you want with your body!]
Good luck to everyone!!

1 comment:

littlemisspretty said...

ah, fake sugars... I haven't had one of those in SO long. Now, if I could fully get away form HFCS, and sugar cane, then I'd be golden. So I am up for the challenge.
PS Stevia and Agave rock as sweetners, I'll post a recipe for some great cookies using agave this week :)