Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Saturday, May 21, 2011

New comp!! Details below! :)

RULES:

* This comp. is about changing lives!! NO diet pills (this includes prescription AND over the counter weight loss pills), supplements (you may take regular vitamins.. no metabolism boosters, fat burners etc...), colon cleanses, detox programs/drinks/shakes/pills, laxatives, diuretics, drug use of any kind, cosmetic and or weight loss surgical procedures, HCG dieting, EATING DISORDERS or anything that is not long term are allowed DURING this competition. (If you have had a weight loss surgical procedure more than 18 months ago you are welcome to compete!)

* Each competitor is REQUIRED to blog AT LEAST 4 TIMES A MONTH with no longer than 10 days between entries on a blog set up specifically for weight loss. (Check out an example HERE) Competitors who miss a week in any given month will not be eligible for prizes that month. Competitors who miss are ineligible for 2 months or more will not be eligible for overall prizes.

* Each competitor must submit before pictures from a side and front view BEFORE the competition begins. They also must submit new pictures with their weigh in on the 1st of each month. The pictures are to be taken in fitted clothing (no sweat shirts, sweat pants, or baggy clothes) and competitors must wear the same outfit for all pictures taken for the duration of the competition.



* Weigh in pictures need to include the date and whatever the household item is for the month and must be taken on a digital scale.


* Weights MUST be received by 6:00 p.m. on the 1st of each month in order for competitors to qualify for prizes.

* Prizes will be awarded based on percentage of weight loss.

* Weight gain will not be calculated when determining your percentage for the month. This means if you gain 2 lbs one month and lose 10 the next, you will only be given credit for 8 lbs.

* No EARLY weights will be accepted.

*This competition is for WOMEN ONLY.

DETAILS:
* Buy in for the competition is $50 due at the beginning of the comp. Please email Kari @ kariscomp@yahoo.com for info on how to send in your contribution.

* Competition will run June 1st 2011 through October 1st, 2011.

* Weigh in's will be on the 1st of each month. Weights are due by 6:00 p.m. MST to kariscomp@yahoo.com.

* 1st, 2nd and 3rd place monthly prizes will be awarded each month for the competitor with the highest percentage of weight lost.

* In order to keep the competition intimate and easy to organize NO MORE THAN 26 people will be permitted to enter the competition.

* A large prize for the overall winner will be awarded at the end of the competition based on percentage of weight loss.

* Amounts of prizes will depend on the number of competitors and will be posted by June 7th.

* ALL competitors WEIGHTS will be posted on this blog at all times. You are not required to post your weight on your own blog but KNOW that other competitiors and anyone visiting the comp site will have access to your weight.

* ALL winners pictures will be posted on THIS blog with heads cut off. This blog will remain PUBLIC so if you are uncomfortable with this, please don't join. (I will be cropping and putting them side by side so no worries about how to get this done.)

* At the beginning of the comp competitors will need to send in their HEIGHTS with their starting weights.. heights will be posted on a stats column on the side of the main blog.

ALL CONTRIBUTIONS WILL GO TO WINNERS POT!

16 comments:

Jessicah said...

when is the latest I could commit to joining and sending in my money? I really want to join but I'm not 100% sure my summer job will kick in and I won't know until the middle of next week.

Karilynn said...

Jessicah! I need a commitment and money by June 5th. I have never put a cap on the comps before though.. so as SOON as you know you want to do it let me know so I can put you on the list. In the past the comps have got way too big so this time 25 is it! The nice thing is.. with 25 people.. that gives us $1250 in prize money for a 4 month comp! :)

Moi said...

I am in. Need to be in better shape for the wedding. I will send you some paypal money. Super stoked.

Misty Rowley said...

Blah... I need another comp. I'm in.

Heather Brown said...

OH YEAH!!! IM PUMPED!!! This time I KNOW I won't get pregnant! haha. So I know it said something about detox shakes but are we allowed protein shakes?

Karilynn said...

Protein shakes are okay... as long as you are not using them to REPLACE MEALS! This means you could have a protein shake with an apple or something as a SNACK.. but not multiple meals being replaced by protein shakes. So if you are eating 5 meals a day.. one could be a shake! Does that make sense?

Heather Brown said...

yes complete sense! i have them as a snack with fruit in it. more of an after workout snack.

littlemisspretty said...

ok, i'm so in!!

Jessica B said...

Ok if I can come up with the cash, Im in!

Wendy said...

I'm 99% sure I'm in. I could use the motivation. I have a trip to Japan scheduled in October, and I want to be thin for it.

Jack said...

HOLY SHIT I"M IN!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! Although I have to admit i'm going to cry a little when I have to send my current weight in. But, OH WELL... Let's DO THIS THING! LOL

Jack said...

oh... FYI: This is Mindy! Did'nt realize i was logged in under Jack.

Brandy said...

thinking.......................um okay I'm in. I've lost motivation and gained back alot, most of what I lost last year. SO I've been not wanting to join due to humiliation. But It worked before and I'll give it a go again. I'll send the money Monday-ish, aka as soon as the paycheck hits the bank.

Karilynn said...

YAY BRANDY!! Bonnie and Neena are doing it too! :) PS.. I've gained 20 lbs since I moved back to Utah. Life happens.. lets kick some butt! :)

Jen said...

I wanna play too! I'm in! will send an email so I can get the details of how to send my money :)

Amanda said...

Funny thing I haven't looked at any of this blog stuff for a whole year, and then I saw this. Is there still any room for another to join? Thinking about it.....