Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why compete?

Check out the rules and details below:

Competitions have been a huge motivating factor for me over the course of the last year. These are ALL the reasons that I devote "this time being different" to competition.

1. Competition took my eyes off the BIG prize (I.E. losing 80 lbs!) and allowed me to focus on smaller goals. Like losing 12 lbs this month or beating so-and-so.

2. I am a SAHM so I pretty much bring NO income into the household. Winning money was a way for me to "contribute" and I actually enjoyed winning that money even if it was a small amount because I really felt like for once, I was helping a little financially.

3. Competitions with blogging keep me ACCOUNTABLE. Throughout the last year, I've picked up a few stragglers/blog stalkers! ;o) I KNOW that there are people watching me. At first I was trying to prove that I could succeed. Now I'm trying to prove that ANYONE can succeed!!

4. When I started blogging I never realized how amazing it would be to be able to look back on my journey and SEE how far I've come through pictures/measurements. I also have documentation of my feelings along the way. My blog has become my weight loss journal and without it, I'm sure I would not appreciate just how far I've come.

5. When I started my first comp I really had this idea in mind that for ONCE I was going to finish something. Competing and blogging was like signing something in BLOOD! I couldn't take back what I said... it was out there for the whole world to see. I have been propelled forward many times in these competitions by the realization that I told the whole world I could do it and I SURELY wouldn't let the world see me fail.

I refused to quit because I KNEW that if I allowed myself to be defeated... I would be giving others the message that it couldn't be done. BUT IT CAN!! This competition is my way of giving back to all of you gals who have supported me. THANKS to all of you who are about to embark on this journey with me.

1 comment:

Spitfire said...

Hooshaw! Those are all great reasons for competing! I say let's do this thang! Bring it on!
And btw, You are an excellent motivation and inspiration. Thankyou for getting me into the blogosphere, and the competitions! xo