Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITION for 2010

Rules
* This comp. is about changing lives!! NO diet pills (this includes prescription AND over the counter weight loss pills), supplements (you may take regular vitamins.. no metabolism boosters, fat burners etc...), colon cleanses, detox programs/drinks/shakes/pills, laxatives, diuretics, drug use of any kind, cosmetic and or weight loss surgical procedures, HCG dieting, EATING DISORDERS or anything that is not long term are allowed DURING this competition. (If you have had a weight loss surgical procedure more than 18 months ago you are welcome to compete!)

* Each competitor is REQUIRED to blog WEEKLY with no longer than 8 days between entries, and a minimum of 4 entries per month on a blog set up specifically for weight loss. (Check out an example HERE) Competitors who miss a week in any given month will not be eligible for prizes that month. Competitors who miss more than 3 times over the five months will NOT be eligible for overall prizes.

* Each competitor must submit before pictures from a side and front view BEFORE the competition begins. They also must submit new pictures with their weigh in on the 5th of each month. The pictures are to be taken in fitted clothing (no sweat shirts, sweat pants, or baggy clothes) and competitors must wear the same outfit for all pictures taken for the duration of the competition.

(These pictures are meant to be EXAMPLES... you do not HAVE to take pictures in tank tops or pants that are too small... BUT... when I took the bottom picture, I never wanted ANYONE to see it. As it turns out... it has been the BEST pic I ever taken... check this out...)

* Weigh in pictures need to include the date and whatever the household item is for the month and must be taken on a digital scale.


* Weights MUST be received by 6:00 p.m. on the 5th of each month in order for competitors to qualify for prizes.

* Prizes will be awarded based on percentage of weight loss.

* Weight gain will not be calculated when determining your percentage for the month. This means if you gain 2 lbs one month and lose 10 the next, you will only be given credit for 8 lbs.
* No EARLY weights will be accepted.

22 comments:

Moi said...

Awesome!!!! I am soooo in. Are my naked pictures still okay? How long is the competition for? Are we putting in money again?

Karilynn said...

All the details are off on the side bar. I'll make another entry with them though. The naked pictures would work.. but you should take new ones! ;o) You have lost a few pounds since you took those pics!

eobrien said...

is it okay to join even if you don't have weight to lose? I want to join a competition to be healthy - and build more muscle. I need positive reinforcement. I love this!

Karilynn said...

Totally! I am going to join just to encourage and maintain and have accountability! Not here to lose weight but it's totally worth the money to me to have a group of gals who will hold me accountable! :o)

Robyn said...

Hi, Karilynn

I am so excited that you are doing another competition! I must admit I have been kinda lax on this last one. I want to really start back up in January. So I am in!! Weight loss competitions are the way to go. I need the extra push that the monthly weigh in gives.

Alison said...

I've been doing weight watchers half heartedly the past few months and this might be the extra kick I need. Is it ok to keep doing WW during the competition?

Grace said...

Okay, I think I might be in. Grace from FB here. How does the money side of things work? I get that the weigh-in photos need to be taken on the 5th, but does that go for the before shot, too? How is the money side of things handled? Yeah, I have a few questions. :)

eobrien said...

okay - I am in! $40 is so worth it!

Karilynn said...

Alison.. you can totally do weight watchers as it is a lifetime change. Grace... you send your before shots in by the 5th as well as you scale picture and then each month you take pictures again in the same outfit and send them in with your weight. (I will consider having these due within 24 hours of the weigh in.) This is to track progress and help keep cheating to a minimum. Here is an example http://thinformyboys.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-pics.html of one months progress. You don't have to put them side by side... but I will try to do it for you and send them back to you so you can see your progress! :o)

Grace said...

How is the goal weight determined? And I'm guessing the kitchen item mentioned in the weigh-in is something that you announce just before so that it's clear the weigh-in was done after the item was named? If it's possible I don't have what you name, can I write out the name clearly on a piece of paper or something?

Spitfire said...

I'm so totally in. So exiting!

Karilynn said...

Yes!! The household item will be named 1-2 days before the weigh in. It will always be something INCREDIBLY common.. but anything that might be contraversial is something you could email me and let me know and we could work it out. The "goal weight" is something that you determine on your own. Part of the reason I LOVE competiting is that it takes that HUGE number away. I lost my weight 10 lbs at a time, 8 lbs at a time.... it wasn't about.. OH I HAVE TO LOSE 80 LBS!! IT was about OH... I have to lose 11 lbs to beat so and so this month! ;o) LOVED IT!!

Alison said...

How are you taking payment? Paypal?

Karilynn said...

Yeah payment via paypal.. it is the easiest way to pay out the prizes as well!! the email address for paypal is karilynnadams@yahoo.com

Sarah said...

I think I might want to do this again too! I will let you know though.

Jack said...

I'm so freaking in!!! You rock! Love the clarity about rules... can't wait! i'm sending this blog to a couple people here too... :0)

Jack said...

Oh, and when this comment says Jack what it really means is MINDY!! LOL, forgot to sign my hubby out and sign me in.

Unknown said...

Hi Karilyn, I am so going to do this in Jan. I don't have a digital scale though. Let me know the details. How much etc..?

Karilynn said...

Hi Apryl!! The digital scale is a MUST!! Ask Santa for one for Christmas... all the details are listed on the side bar! Buy in is $40. :o) Can't wait to see you with your new smokin' hot body! ;o)

Brandy said...

Okay so I just set up my first ever blog site via blog spot. So do I just send you the address? or what?

Karilynn said...

Brandy YES!! Send me the link to the blog at kariscomp@yahoo.com !! CONGRATS! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Karilynn. I sent you the money. I am so excited to start. Here goes for a new year to come. Hope I am as successful as you were for the year of 2009. Here we go for 2010. ~Traci