Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Monday, March 29, 2010

Soap Box

I want to apologize in advance for using this blog as a place to put my own agenda out there BUT... not all of you read my blog and I wanted to say something that EVERYONE needs to hear.
Last week in nutrition class a girl came up for class after having her butt kicked by her trainer. She was panting and sweating and you could tell she had just SERIOUSLY kicked ass! (YOU GO GIRL!!!) But... we started talking about our obstacles and she said "a lack of confidence in her abilities." WHAT?!? Girl.. you just did 10 8-count body builders at the end of a SERIOUSLY hardcore workout and you aren't confident in what you've done? CRAZY!!
At first I thought she must be nuts. BUT.. I realize that A LOT of us are so caught up in where we want to be that we forget how far we've come. So I pose this challenge:
BE PROUD OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!
Who the hell cares how fast that girl on the treadmill next to you is running? What YOU do is about YOU! And you deserve to be proud of every moment you spend working towards your goals. Just getting to the gym is worth celebrating. In the words of Tony Horton:
"Do your best and forget the rest... your best is ALWAYS good enough!!"
Surely if you are pushing yourself to levels you've never been you are giving 110%. So be FREAKIN' EXCITED!!!! I love each of you and I want you to be thrilled with every little success! Life is too short to beat yourself up over what you are not. What you are is truly amazing. Every time you find yourself comparing you to someone else, imagine where you were 3 months ago!! Would you have been able to do what you just did? Would you have been WILLING to push yourself to the level you just reached?
Marvel in your awesomeness!!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

ummm wonder what helped to bring on this revelation?!?! I know what you are saying and I'll try! ;oP

Spitfire said...

Fabulous! Inspired. Thanks for posting this, from your soap box or elsewhere ;o)

Jen said...

Wow, thanks for posting this! I had this exact same thought just last night! Was talking to my friend, cuz we both bought bikes on Friday, and I havent ridden a bike in decades. We rode on Saturday and Sunday both, and last night were talking about it, and I said that sometimes I feel like crap cuz I'm so far from being able to keep up with him, so he is always (very graciously and cheering me on) waiting for me. But then I said that I think about trying to go on that same bike ride a year ago, and I would have never made it more than a couple of blocks, and a few years before that, I couldnt have done anything... and that is SO drastic of a difference! I rode about 4 miles with some pretty good hills yesterday, and that is pretty darn awesome! this is soooo good to remember!

FIDDLEGOAT PAMELLA said...

YEP! YEP! YEP!
Dang girlfriend, your timing is great. I needed that and now you made me cry. You are such an inspiration for me.I reach every day for my star but some day's I can barely see it. Today I am looking though renewed eyes.
Thank you
Namaste Pamella