Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Sunday, February 14, 2010

Challenge

Hi guys and gals! I'm sure you are all OH SO EXCITED for another challenge. This one might seem totally random to you but... I've been doing all of my personal training studying and just did a chapter on POSTURE!!

When I first started working with Lisa I realized quickly that my poor posture is a huge burden on my overall physical well-being. In other words... I have a lot of weakened muscular structure because I don't' stand up straight. She challenged me that first day to "stick my boobs out". Today... that's your challenge!


This is a pic from my curriculum. The farthest to the left shows proper posture. It actually recommends taking a picture of your posture so you can see what your postural deviations are. My deviation looks VERY much like the third picture. Funny that the book describes it as a posture commonly seen in OLDER people. They also refer to it as a "hunchback" look. THAT'S ME!! Kari the hunchback of Wellington. SO.. this week... figure out where you are lacking in your posture. If you stick your butt out like in the second pic.. concentrate on bringing your pelvis forward. For most of us.. the key to good posture will be as simple as STICKING OUR BOOBS/MOOBS [for Justin] or ROCKIN' pectoral muscles out, [in my case with no boobs... I'll call myself shooting for the third one!]and pulling those shoulders back. Click on the "stick your boobs out" link above to read Lisa's blog entry on the topic. Good luck!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Ok so this challenge is a big one for me cause I spend alot of time hiding my boobs and now YOU say STICK THEM OUT!!! NOT COOL!!! LOL! I know it's "good for me" but I don't usually like drawing attention to my chest or my but, heck I don't like drawing attention to my body period.

Moi said...

I lead with my boobs every where. Go with your best assest I always say.

Our Fam said...

Ive been working on this all week, and yes I felt weird but I also felt so confident. Like I was the one person who everyone looked at and wondered how my life was so great...Life changing really.