Please review the RULES and DETAILS here!



Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekly Challenge

Our first challenge is about WATER!! We've had people speculating how much they should drink. On the facebook group our resident expert (LISA) answered this question with "you should be drinking 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water daily (that's a minimum)". Others will tell you more or less... BOTTOM line.. the general consensus is at LEAST 64 ozs of water A DAY!! SOOOO... here is your challenge:

Drink AT LEAST 64 ozs of water a day.

If you are up to it, pick a number that is 1/2 your body weight. Some of you will be drinking close to 150 ozs of water a day if you are up for THIS challenge. WHY? "Without enough water, organs can't function as efficiently, so your metabolism slows to conserve energy." -TECD page 43.

WHAT!?!?! You are SLOWING YOUR METABOLISM down?? Hmm... does this mean that drinking water alone can assist in weight loss? ABSOLUTELY! Staying hydrated increases your metabolic rate. AND it's cheaper than fad metabolism boosters that CLAIM to increase your slow metabolism.

HOW? Here's just one suggestion: Decide your goal. (Mine is 100 ozs of water a day.. NOT including what I drink during exercise.) THEN.... put it all out on your counter. FIND containers/glasses/pitchers WHATEVER you need to get it all out in front of your face. (If you will be working split your water up, leave some on your counter and take the rest to work , maybe a LARGE container that you can leave out on your desk.)

At the end of your first day you may NOT have accomplished this goal, but you will see just how far you've got to go! By the end of the week you should be a pro at getting water.

PS: You will go through a large amount of toilet paper this week so make sure you've stocked up! :o)

7 comments:

... said...

Thank you for posting this water challenge.

I didnt realize my post yesterday would create such a stir with people, but Im glad I did. I know I am consuming what I need for my intake to stay hydrated, yeppie!

Jessica B said...

I LOVE this! I think if nothing else this is something inmy control that I can focus on. Plus I will not have the urge to snack near as much if I am drinking water all the time.

Kristie said...

Good challenge. It's a good lesson

Kira's blog said...

OK I HAVE TO PUT MY PLUG IN: FROM YOUR LOCAL EARTHY, RECYCLE YOUR WATER BOTTLES! only 80% of plastic makes it to the recyle bin! if it it to hard buy a reusable, I LOVE my NALGENE AND KLEEN KANTEEN! I try and always have one of them with me. You will save tons of money not buying bottled water and it is not even regulated so you could just be getting plain old FREE tap water:) alright nuff said:)

Heather Brown said...

I have always been told to drink your ideal weight. So mine is 160 so that is how many oz I drink a day. Sometimes at 10 at night i realize I havent done it so I down it all. But I get it in... But I like the idea of leaving it on the counter.. I am gonna do that this week! Then maybe I will even it out during the day. And yes I am at the bathroom at least every 30 min!!

Our Fam said...

I have been drinking my oz based on weight for a week now. Im wonderng when my body will adjust to it. Ive spent more time in the bathroom then the rest of the family combined and I have two tiny bladdered kids. Im drinking 96 oz for my daily goal!

Ellura said...

Okay, I'm a little late for the week but I'm going for it